Saturday 21 August 2010

Meet our Members - Janet Harmsworth


My name is Janet Harmsworth and I have been making and dressing miniature 1:12 scale porcelain dolls for over 10 years now under the name of Mini Mannequins.
As a child I always enjoyed sewing and crafts and this carried on into my adult life, I have tried many different crafts over the years, in particular Lace Making at which I gained a City and Guilds qualification passing with a distinction. It was during this time I became aware of miniatures and in particular dolls house dolls and purchased a couple of doll kits and started dressing my own, but I soon realized that I didn’t want to be restricted to one period of fashion but to dress them all.


It was then that my husband uttered the fatal words “If you dressed other period dolls would you be able to sell some”……and so that was the start of it, I soon went from dressing doll kits and selling them to purchasing a kiln and molds and pouring my own dolls, firing, cleaning and finally painting them before dressing them.

For dressed dolls, doll kits and patterns please visit my web site...

1 comment:

  1. Tienes unas manos asombrosas. Enhorabuena por tods las preciosidades que haces.
    Besitos, May

    ReplyDelete