Friday 20 August 2010

Meet our Members - Glen Anderson


What can I say; I’ve been building models since I was a kid. I built Military and automotive models for years and by the time I was in High school I started building scratch house models based on famous homes like Falling Water and The Gamble home.  A number of years ago I found a book on miniature furniture building at a used book store and I’ve been hooked ever since. On and off for the last 10 years I’ve built pieces not so much in a particular stile but more from pieces that I found particularly interesting or unique.  
I guess if I was to try and put myself in a particular style, I would say I’m a modern miniaturist, although I like the federal style as well. I’ve recently started building a number of Greene and Greene pieces and have really become obsessed with their building techniques and styles. 

 
  
If I was to come up with one reason for why I build miniature furniture, I guess it would be the challenge. I love taking a photo of some piece and turning it into a miniature version of the original. I’ve done a number of pieces for customers based on a single photo, or just a description and those pieces usually end up being my favourites, until the next project comes along.
I’m looking forward to hearing from other furniture builders about their interests and ideas. I’m always open to suggestions and critiques from other builders. I tend to be very critical of my work and judging from the number of unfinished pieces in my scrap box, I still have lots to learn, so all comments or suggestions are welcome. 

3 comments:

  1. Una mesa de ajdrez artesanal preCIOSA:
    Un abrazo
    Maite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impresionante la mesa de ajedrez.
    Si quieres fotos de muebles accesorios y especiales puedo mandarte fotos.
    Mi correo es ctecles@gmail.com
    Besitos, May

    ReplyDelete
  3. Estos muebles son de una calidad excelente. La madera buena y el trabajo mejor. Enhorabuena.
    Besos Clara.

    ReplyDelete