Thursday 12 August 2010

Meet our Members - Ana Anselmo

My name is Ana Anselmo and I am a scientific researcher, with a PhD in Environmental Biotechnology and I have a full time job in a public research lab. I was born in 1955, Lisbon, Portugal where I still live.
As miniaturist, I like to see myself of someone that loves to create things to the Contemporary dollhouse and room-boxes, covering all the things that are needed for its decoration, from furniture to decorative accessories, including lights, paintings, fabrics, rugs, etc.
About 2 years ago I decided to create my own pieces, all designed by myself from scratch and I also tried to improve my skills, doing some short courses on woodworking; at the present moment I have done 4 courses, which includes carving, cabinet making (joinery traditional techniques), inlay techniques and wood painting. These courses are for real scale work, but I try to apply the things I learn to miniature furniture at 1:12 scale.
I can't say that I have a specific source of inspiration, but I always look for things in the real world.  I love Arts & Crafts furniture, but also all the philosphy behind the movement in terms of home decoration.  I find Mission and Shaker furniture also very inspiring.  
My work has been featured in several UK magazines, namely Dolls House World and Dolls House & Miniatures Scene and also in the online AIM Magazine.  

1 comment:

  1. Felicidades por las publicaciones. Haces unos trabajos muy bien diseƱados y muy bien terminados. Besos Clara

    ReplyDelete