Thursday 4 March 2010

Meet our Members ~ Vicky Guile







Vicky is another very busy lady behind the scenes of the magazine.






NJD Miniatures...
I have had a love of all things mini since childhood. After receiving my first dollhouse, a gift from my grandparents when I was a child, I was completely hooked by the mini-making bug.
As a young adult I trained in Art, Design and Photography, at the time it seemed that photography was my forte. It wasn’t until my mid twenties that I discovered polymer clay and its many uses. In my spare time I would make miniatures for my own dollhouse. This continued as a hobby for a few more years, I practised and discovered the foundation of my own style, I say foundation as my work is constantly evolving. I realised what I was good at creating and also what I was not so good at creating (I still don’t make many pretty cakes!).


Working mainly in 1:12 Scale, I create highly detailed food miniatures and weird and wonderful fantasy, mythical and magical pieces for dollhouse and miniature collectors. My work is available to buy via my Etsy store (please see my blog for details), but if you prefer I am always delighted to work on a commission basis. Please contact me to discuss your requirements. My website has a link to my gallery where you can view past creations, or to keep up to date with what new work I have available please visit my blog, where you can subscribe to receive any new information that I post.
Website: http://www.njdminiatures.com/ and http://www.njdminiatures.blogspot.com/
Email: vicky@njdminiatures.com

No comments:

Post a Comment