Monday 19 July 2010

Meet our Members - Mondodifavola

Mondodifavola by Elena

Like all girls I grew up playing with the house of Barbie, but those brightly coloured floors, the plastic furniture so unrealistic, the yellow lift... I did not like at all!  This, coupled with my passion for selfmade things, inspired me to keep a big dream:  building a "true" dollhouse!
Several years later, during a vacation in Paris, I discovered a hobby shop with a department devoted to dollhouses.  Thus was born Marie Charlotte, my first miniature Patisserie.

A few years later, I received a gift from my cousin, a catalogue of American dollhouses:  I discovered that what for me was only a dream, for others it was a real passion!  I bought the project to build a Victorian house and early furniture in 1:12 scale.  

This discovery made me look for specialized shops in Milano.  Thus in 1998 I met for the first time Angela Gagliardi of Cosediunaaltomondo, so it was that started my great adventure in the world of miniatures. 


Several years passed before I specialized in creating furniture in 1:12 scale:  I then exhibited in 2007 for the first time in a miniature show in Milano, Miniaturitalia and in 2008 I produced my first furniture:  designed, created and decorated by Mondodifavola!

If you want to dive into my world visit my website!
If you want to stay updated on all the news follow my blog!
If you have any questions please email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment